Through an application process, seniors have been chosen to be a part of the Sweetwater High University Prep program which is in addition to the college and career services already offered by the counseling staff at Sweetwater High.
Counselors are available Monday through Wednesday after school to help ANY senior during college application season, but Thursdays are reserved to work intently with SUHI U Prep Seniors.
The personalized, one-on-one counseling SUHI U Prep students receive will optimize their chances in applying to the more prestigious college and universities in the nation.
The Sweetwater High University Prep program’s goal is to support our students throughout the entire college application process. The expectation is that SUHI U Prep students will attend all sessions of the after-school 24 week program which will include:
- College Research
- Complete UC, CSU, and Common Applications
- Personal Essay Writing Workshop
- Strategies for Letters of Recommendation
- Organize all important due dates
- Complete FAFSA, Dream Act Applications, & CSS Profile
- Scholarship Support
- Final college choice and intent to enroll
- College Life Presentation Series with Guest Speakers
- University Housing support