Office Assistant/Marketing Intern
The National City Chamber of Commerce (NCCC) is looking for a qualified intern to join our team and contribute to community efforts! The NCCC is a non-profit organization serving the South Bay region by promoting economic development. This internship is a great opportunity to learn entry-level skills to help prepare for a future career. No Prior work experience is necessary.
• gain hands-on experience at a non-profit organization, including office management
• gain valuable communication skills and an opportunity to develop professionally
• gain experience working with adults of different backgrounds
• understand local business concerns
• provide logistical support (preparation, day-of, and post-event) for annual events
• work in a fast-paced team environment in a bi-national business organization.
• Assist with the execution of events/workshops, including: organizing materials, managing volunteers, and creating schedules/timelines.
• Keep track of event/workshop RSVP’s
• Assist in the creation/editing and promotion of event/workshop invitations & flyers
• Provide support to website and social media
• Assist with the creation/editing of our weekly e-Newsletter
• General Office Duties (payment processing, data entry, filing, research)
• Must be able to work a minimum of five (5) hrs/wk. Our office is open Monday- Friday, 8am-5pm.
• Computer literate in the following software:
• Mac Computers
• Microsoft Word/Excel/Power Point
• Social Media platforms (Facebook, Twitter)
• Spanish language proficiency is ideal, but not required.
Work Environment: Expected dress code is business casual. The noise level is usually moderate.
Physical Demands: the intern is regularly required to sit and use hands to handle or feel. The intern is frequently required to talk or hear, stand; walk; reach with hands and arms and stoop, kneel, or crouch. Specific vision abilities include close vision. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Internships are unpaid, but school volunteer hours are available.
Interested applicants should send their resume and cover letter explaining how this experience would help you achieve your professional and/or personal goals to Daniela Gorrino at email@example.com.
Applicants will be interviewed prior to placement.
For any further questions, call us at (619) 477-9339 or visit www.nationalcitychamber.org