Tuesday, January 16, 2018
The Scripps Translational Science Institute (STSI) is offering a Student Research Internship Program opportunity for highly motivated high school, undergraduate, and professional students taking place at our La Jolla site, starting in June 2018.
An informational link is below, flyer also attached, with further information and application details: https://www.stsiweb.org/education-training/internship/.
Friday, January 12, 2018
During the next four weeks, for four consecutive Thursdays, we will have the following job readiness workshops put on by Connect2Careers, after school.
- Building a Résumé: Thursday, January 18, 2018 | 3-5 p.m.
- Creating an Elevator Pitch: Thursday, January 25, 2018 | 3-4 p.m.
- Preparing for Interviews: Thursday, February 1, 2018 | 3-4 p.m.
- In-Demand Jobs: Thursday, February 8, 2018 | 3-4 p.m.
See Mr. Rodgers in the Inferno Lounge for more info.
Wednesday, January 10, 2018
ALL SENIORS ARE INVITED!
The Sweetwater High University Prep program’s goal is to support our students throughout the entire college application process.
Mondays - Wednesdays
2:45PM - 4PM
College Apps and Financial Aid help with counselors after school
2:45 to 4PM
SUHi U Prep Senior workshops
Eligibility of SUHi Scholar Sash:
- Attendance of 12 or more sessions
- Admittance to a 4-year university
- Submission of SUHi Foundation Scholarship application
- Intent to Enroll to a 4-year university submitted
SEMESTER TWO SCHEDULE
Session 12 – January 18
SUHI Foundation Guest Speaker: Martha Juarez
Session 13 – February 15
Money Matters: Credit, Debt, and Loans
How to Create a Budget
Session 14 - February 9
Financial Aid in Detail & The Award Letter: What Does it Mean?
Session 15 – March 15
Guest Speaker: Intent to Enroll Process and How to Choose
Session 16 – April 12
Guest Speaker: College Life - Homesickness and Stress, Dorms, and more!
College Signing Day - SUHi U Prep Sash Awarding
Labels: SUHI U Prep
The U.S. Army and the Pro Football Hall of Fame announced the sixth year of their partnership on the national U.S. Army – Pro Football Hall of Fame Award for Excellence. The program is currently accepting nominations and is open to all sophomore, junior and senior high school student-athletes in the United States.
The Award for Excellence program recognizes 25 outstanding high school student-athletes who are chosen as finalists based on their excellence in academics, athletics and community service.
“This program recognizes student-athletes who not only excel athletically and academically, but they are leaders in their communities,” said Mark Davis, deputy assistant secretary of the Army for marketing. "Like our Soldiers, they understand the importance of leadership, teamwork and strive to be something more by doing more, not just for themselves but for their team, family and community."
"The Award for Excellence program celebrates the achievements of extraordinary high school-aged individuals who will shape the future of our country," said David Baker, the Pro Football Hall of Fame's president & CEO. "The Pro Football Hall of Fame appreciates the U.S. Army's support and commitment in shining the light on the values shared by these great young people and our Hall of Famers."
This spring, each finalist will be honored by Army Soldiers and a Gold Jacket (a term used to refer to living members of the Pro Football Hall of Fame) during an event at his or her high school. Next August, all 25 finalists will convene in Canton, Ohio, for the Pro Football Hall of Fame Enshrinement Week Powered by Johnson Controls. The finalists will be honored throughout the festivities, including the Hall of Fame Game, the NFL’s preseason opener. The 2018 Award for Excellence winner will be selected during a special recognition on Saturday, Aug. 4, 2018. He or she will receive a $2,500 grant from the Pro Football Hall of Fame and will also be recognized during the Enshrinement Ceremony.
The following Gold Jackets have participated in past Award for Excellence ceremonies across the country: JOHN RANDLE, KELLEN WINSLOW, AENEAS WILLIAMS, ANDRE REED, MIKE HAYNES, JAMES LOFTON, BRUCE MATTHEWS, MARSHALL FAULK, DERRICK BROOKS, DARRELL GREEN, THURMAN THOMAS, ANTHONY MUÑOZ, MICHAEL IRVIN, JEROME BETTIS, JOE DELAMIELLEURE, BOB GRIESE, FLOYD LITTLE, BARRY SANDERS, ART SHELL, LYNN SWANN and ROD WOODSON.
MORE INFORMATION HERE
MORE INFORMATION HERE
Tuesday, December 5, 2017
The 2017 Scholarship for San Diego County will be Available Online on January 16th!
Up to $5,000
The Deadline to apply is Thursday, March 1, 2018.
Attached is a flyer for distribution.
1. Must be attending an San Diego County Public High School.
2. Must be a 12th grade student enrolling in a four-year College or University.
3. Must have a minimum weighted GPA of 3.5 from 9th grade to the first semester of 12th grade.
4. Must have a minimum SAT score of 1060 (test scores on or after 3/2016) or 1500 (test scores prior to 3/2016) -OR- minimum ACT score of 21.
5. Must be enrolled in and/or have passed Advanced Placement courses (AP courses).
6. Must be at or below HUD Income Guidelines.
7. Must be a U.S. Citizen or Permanent Legal Resident.
8. Must show evidence of extracurricular activities such as school activities, community involvement, and/or employment.
9. Community Service from 9th grade to first semester of 12th grade (minimum of 40 hours).
Labels: Financial Aid and Scholarships