Wednesday, April 9, 2014
Lambda Theta Nu Sorority, Inc, Latina Scholarship Program
The time has come to apply to our annual Lambda Theta Nu Sorority, Inc, Latina Scholarship Program! We are extremely excited to be able to award this Scholarship annually to a Latina graduating senior that aspires to access higher education.
We will be truly grateful if your school can promote this scholarship and take advantage of this great opportunity for your students. We hope that together we can work and reach more students and continue to make a difference in our communities. Thank you and we hope we can count on your support!
History: The National Board of Directors of Lambda Theta Nu Sorority, Inc introduced our Latina Scholarship Program in the fall of 2000, since then each chapter has the yearly responsibility of awarding an incoming four-year college freshman Latina with a Scholarship. Below you will find more information about the applications process.
Application can be downloaded:
All applications are being submitted via Adobe Form, as is stated in the instructions.
The deadline is April 30th, 2014. (No late applications will be accepted, no exceptions.)
Our Scholarship Page on social media can be found here:
1. Applicant must be a female of Latino Heritage or be able to demonstrate dedication to community service and empowerment to Latino/a community.
2. Applicant must be a graduating senior in high school.
3. Applicant must plan to attend accredited community college, university, technical or vocational school.
4. Provide required documentation, per the application instructions.
5. Application must be completely filled out to be considered.
6. Submit personal statement addressing the following: family background, scholastic achievement, educational and career goals, commitment to the Latino/a community, financial need and any other relevant information.
7. Submit one letter of recommendation from a high school administrator, teacher or community leader.
8. Include an official high school transcript.
If you have any further questions please contact me or our
National Chair at email@example.com
Labels: Financial Aid and Scholarships