- The goal of the Student Support Team (SST) is to address concerns affecting a student’s school performance and to implement an intervention plan.
- Such concerns may be academic, emotional, behavioral, medical, and/or social.
- This service is for students who are placed in regular education.
- The SST meets bi-monthly. If you would like to refer a student to SST, please complete the following form: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1fPrtMibXXjjQMAmYC7jJyULvXcnytjXTpA-eR2UThSY/viewform
- Once a student is referred to SST, teachers may be asked to complete an SST Teacher Observation Form to help with the intervention plan to be created for the student.
- Call the County Social Services Department's Child Protective Services Child Abuse Hotline at (858) 560-2191 or (800) 344-6000 to report situations in which you suspect that a child has been abused or appears to be at risk of being abused.
- Report form: http://ag.ca.gov/childabuse/pdf/ss_8572.pdf
- More information here: http://www.sandiego.gov/police/services/prevention/victimresources/reportchildabuse.shtml
SPEAK UP AT SCHOOL
- From Teaching Tolerance, ow to respond when someone—a student, a colleague, even a parent—uses biased language or stereotypes in school.