Thursday, November 19, 2015

Class of 2019 College T-Shirt Project

Hello all - I am embarking on a grand task and am asking for your assistance. I am co-advisor for this year's freshman class (Class of 2019) and I would like to get a college t-shirt for every freshman that they could then wear for the next four years (or however long they last!).

While I could do a fundraiser to get 400 shirts from San Diego State, I would really like to get shirts from a HUGE variety of colleges and universities around this great country (and around the world if possible).


So here is my plea: If you are so inclined could you please send a t-shirt from your alma mater to Kris Elam c/o Sweetwater High School 2900 Highland Avenue, National City, CA 91950.

All sizes are welcome as these are 14 and 15 year olds, so many are "full grown" while others are still awaiting puberty's arrival. If you are ordering a new shirt and would also like to include a small pennant flag please feel free! We are posting them all along the wall of our hallway.

Finally, to make this work I will need to rely on the joys of social media and ask you to share this post!

Thank you all in advance whether it is for sending a shirt or for simply passing this message along to your friends! I know I have friends who went to a wide variety of colleges so I am hoping this will expose my students to the idea that there are colleges out there beyond San Diego State (not that there's anything wrong with SDSU since it is my second alma mater!!)!