Session I: July 11 to July 22, 2016
Session II: July 25 to Aug. 5, 2016 (room and board available for out-of-town/international students)
Applications will be accepted beginning March 1, 2016.
Spots fill quickly, so don't wait to apply!
If your son or daughter is interested in the program, please visit our website for more information: UC Irvine Health, Summer Surgery Program
You may also contact Program Director Kate Bergin at 714-456-6047 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
“Summer Surgeons,” or the talented high school students who qualify for our program, will have the opportunity to:
- Observe live surgical cases
- Gain hands-on experience with our state-of-the-art da Vinci robot
- Learn actual surgical skills in open, laparoscopic and robotic surgery through surgical skills workshops
- Become proficient and certified in Basic Life Support training and CPR
- Work in the UC Irvine Medical Education Simulation Center, a four-story center that includes a full-scale operating room, emergency room trauma bay, obstetrics suite and critical care unit
- Perform in-depth fetal pig dissection with an emphasis on the types of surgical cases the students will see in the operating room
- Interact and learn with a highly motivated team of surgical faculty, medical students and undergraduate students at all levels of training.
To apply for UC Irvine’s Summer Surgery Program, students must be at least 16 years old, have a minimum GPA of 3.5, and be currently enrolled in high school (2016 senior graduates welcome).
Click here to apply to the Summer Surgery Program