Thursday, February 6, 2020

#NSCW2020: Counseling Center Study Space


This week, we are celebrating National School Counseling Week. 

One of our goals is to help you learn new skills to help you succeed. 

Facing your fears is one of those skills, and it’s one I have to practice, too. 

Determination, self-confidence, and bravery – all of which are characteristics of resilience – can be hard. But being brave, determined and self-confident starts with standing up to fear. 

First Lady Eleanor Roosevelt once said, “We gain strength and courage by each experience in which we really stop to look fear in the face.” Or, as comedian Tina Fey put it, “You can’t be that kid standing at the top of the waterslide over-thinking it. You have to go down the chute.” 

If you ever want to chat about your fears and ways to overcome them, feel free to stop by and talk to me. I’m here to help! And maybe I’ll tell you about a few of my fears, too.