The College Board Opportunity Scholarships program is now available for all juniors. Since 2018, nearly one million students have joined this program, which provides students with a digital college planning guide and chances to earn $500 for each action they complete. When students complete all six steps, they earn a chance at a $40,000 scholarship. Students whose families earn less than $60,000 per year have double the chances to earn scholarships.
- Contact us
- Distance Learning Updates
- Graduation Requirements
- Community Service
- For Parents
- College Assessments
- Scholarships & Financial Aid
- Course Listing
- Letters of Recommendation
- Mental Health Resources
- Substance Abuse
- Community Resources
- Staff Resources
- Google Classrooms
- Virtual Counseling Center
Thursday, December 10, 2020
College Board Opportunity Scholarships: Now Available for Juniors
High school juniors can visit //cb.org/opportunity to join. This year, the College Board Opportunity Scholarships is introducing some changes, all to support more students with planning and paying for college, especially in these challenging times:
· More Winners: Starting with the class of 2022, the program will recognize even more students. More than 7,000 students will earn a scholarship each year, nearly double the number of winners recognized in previous years.
· New Explore Scholarships Step: There is a new step to help students find other scholarships that may be a good fit for them. Students can earn chances at $500 scholarships by exploring a personalized list of scholarships and other aid on College Board Scholarship Search.
· Practice for the SAT Step: This simplified step guides students to get started with personalized skill recommendations, a best practice behavior associated with higher score gains. Students can become eligible for $500 scholarships by completing one Timed Mini Section or one Diagnostic Quiz on Official SAT Practice on Khan Academy.
The earlier juniors get started, the more opportunities to earn scholarships! Between January and March, we will award $500 scholarships to 3,000 juniors who build a college list or practice for the SAT. All students can earn one of these scholarships, even students who never dreamt they could get a scholarship.
1. Access Educator Resources: Visit this page to find resources for educators, including this student flyer, educator flyer and presentation deck.
2. Promote the Pledge: Counselors and other educators who take this Pledge will receive our free digital toolkit and monthly tips and resources to support students with each scholarship step.
3. Spread the Word: Share this video with juniors and their families to introduce the program. Once juniors sign up, they can become eligible right away for $500 scholarships by building a college list and starting practice on Official SAT Practice on Khan Academy.
The program is also still available for seniors through February 28, 2021. Seniors can still become eligible for College Board Opportunity Scholarships by joining the program, completing the FAFSA and applying to two or more colleges.
Labels: Financial Aid and Scholarships